Custom Search

SASTRA University B.Tech. and M.Tech. Admissions 2012

If you liked this post, say thanks by sharing it:

SASTRA University B.Tech. and 5 Year Integrated M.Tech. Admission 2012

SASTRA University Thanjavur Admissions 2012

ADMISSION TO B.Tech. / 5 YEAR INTEGRATED M.Tech. PROGRAMMES BASED ON AIEEE-2012

B.Tech. Admission for the academic year 2012-13 – AIEEE 2012

Admission Procedure:Admission to the programmes will be based on the AIEEE’ 2012 AIR only. Each applicant has to enter the choice for each branch according to their priority. Based on the AIR secured and availability of seats, the applicant will be allotted a particular branch. In the case of non-availability of the first choice beyond a cut-off AIR, the next branch choice filled by the applicant will be allotted. This process will be followed till all the seats are allotted. On June 30, 2012 (9 p.m.) the results of this seat allotment will be posted at www.sastra.edu along with other admission particulars. The applicants are advised to report to SASTRA in person on July 8, 2012 to complete all admission formalities. No change of date will be possible. Sliding of allotted branches will be made on July 8, 2012 based on the applicant response. If an applicant fails to report on July 8, 2012 the allotted branch will be considered for the next applicant based on AIEEE AIR. The applicant must download an application form from www.sastra.edu and bring it completely filled during the time of admission.

Note: 70% of admission to the B.Tech. and 5-Year integrated M.Tech. programmes is based on the normalised +2 marks and the remaining 30% through the AIEEE’2012. The rank list for the 70% has already been released on June 9, 2012. Those who have already applied to this can also apply under AIEEE mode if they so desire. The tuition fee, commencement of classes and all other details remain the same for both the categories.

Important Dates:

Applications can be submitted online form: June 13, 2012

Last date for submitting online application for AIEEE’12: June 30, 2012 (5 P.M.)

Declaration of Results: June 30, 2012 (9 P.M.)

Counselling for Admissions: July 08, 2012

Commencement of Classes: July 18, 2012

Eligibility:

A pass in the +2 examination with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects with either Chemistry / Bio-Technology /Computer Science / Biology and recognized by any State Board / Central Board or any other accepted by SASTRA as equivalent to 10+2 examination, with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology obtained in a single sitting.

This eligibility criteria is prescribed by AICTE for all Engineering programmes in India.

A student without Maths or Physics in +2 will not be considered for admission to B.Tech. programmes.

Age Limit: Cannot be more than 19 years as on July 1, 2012.

SASTRA University B.Tech. and 5 Year Integrated M.Tech. Admission 2012

For more details about SASTRA University B.Tech. & M.Tech. Admission 2012


This entry was posted in Higher Education and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>